The main theme for the 4th International LAMS & Learning Design Conference is Opening Up Learning Design. This will provide delegates with the opportunity to discuss open resources, technology and teaching practices in education and how they might relate to Learning Design.
What tools, pedagogies, teaching and learning strategies do we need for the future? Where does LAMS fit within the new models? What can experience with LAMS tell us about teaching and learning? How is LAMS shaping up? What are the challenges for individuals and organisations? Where will Learning Design standards take us now? What can we learn from efforts to create generic learning design patterns? We expect that during the conference there will be many opportunities to share lessons learnt with LAMS from all educational sectors.
- Open source and open design
Open sharing of Learning Designs: Open licensing and Creative Commons
- Finding the tools and pedagogies for the next generation of e-learners
- Using Learning Design for strategic change in education
- Building communities of practice - opportunities and challenges
- Issues of collaboration and generating new knowledge
- Sharing and reuse - barriers and questions of practice
- Learning Design and the Library of the Future
- Who controls the curriculum? Student and teacher generated designs
- Lessons learnt from K-12
- Future directions and the needs of vocational and professional education
- Technical standards, architecture and tools