Workshop - LAMS Beginners
Length of workshop
$150 + $15 GST = $165
Macquarie University, North Ryde (Sydney, Australia)
This workshop is designed for teachers, instructors and students from any educational context, who have little or no practical experience with LAMS.
Maximum number of participants
Workshop description and aims
The overall aim of the workshop is to provide a general overview of what LAMS is. We will also look at how the development of LAMS has evolved and how it is different from (but complementary to) other Learning Management Systems. Results from various trials will also be discussed. There will be a brief introduction to the LAMS Community site and the resources that are offered.
The workshop will be highly practical with participants having ample opportunity to explore the Learner, Monitor and Authoring interfaces in LAMS. There will be a number of ready made sequences available for participants to look at and/or adapt.
Outcomes for participants
During the workshop participants will:
- Examine the place of LAMS in e-learning;
- Examine the integration of LAMS with other Learning Management systems;
- Discuss learning and teaching issues and results from various trials;
- Participate as a learner in an introductory LAMS sequence;
- Author a sequence in LAMS;
- Explore various existing sequences and discuss pedagogical approaches;
- Explore the monitoring environment;
- Evaluate LAMS as a tool for facilitating e-learning.
Familiarity with using the Internet, and basic computer skills. No prior experience with LAMS is necessary for this workshop.